We are going to assume, in this section, that you’re one step closer to wanting to move past your fear of driving, and need to get a driver’s license. Forst let’s talk about the test and then we’ll discuss driving school options and safety.
Driver Knowledge Test
The Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) is a computer-based test, which prepares people for the driving test and helps you to decide if you are ready to attempt the test, divided into three sections. Actually there are online tests which let you know, how to take these kinds of tests. Read some tips on how to approve the practice Driving Knowledge test.
The best way to prepare for the Driver Knowledge Test is through guides and handbooks, but the test almost always included these topics: right of way, parking, visual scanning, turns, lane usage, safe practices, equipment, traffic controls, signs, special vehicles, and railroad crossings.
Rules to follow:
- The most cause of accidents is consumed with alcoholic beverages. Don’t drink before driving.
- Look for a capable mechanic to give maintenance to your car.
- Turn your lights whenever you required.
- Keep your distance from other vehicles. Just to guarantee your safety.
- Follow the traffic lights and all the traffic signs. Be prudent.
- Consider other drivers, at the moment of using turn signals for lane changes, or when you just make a turn. Probably they can open up space for you.
- Don’t contribute to noise pollution. Use the horn only when it will be necessary.
- Keep the four tires inflated to give the best performance, traction, and mileage.
- Use properly your mirrors.
- Do not talk on cell phones, put them on speakerphone is more practice and less risk.
Some tips before you drive a car:
- Ensure all lights are in working, turn on the lights and realize a small walk around the vehicle, even the blinkers.
- Verify there are not things hanging from the vehicle or any fluid leaks.
- Check that the tires are properly inflated.
Some tips when you are inside a car:
- Wear your seatbelts.
- Adjust both of the left and right mirrors. Through the left mirror, you must see the left side of the car and the opposite side would be focused by the right mirror.
Get experience with the road rules and find out for your particular state. The practice DKT consists of 45 questions, available in 10 languages including English and Spanish. After you complete the practice test you will know whether you would have passed or failed. Knowing how to drive is just as important as driving.
Remember that the practice Driving Knowledge is available for the following license classes:
- Special mobility vehicle
- Light Rigid
- Medium Rigid
- Heavy Rigid
- Heavy Combination
- Multi Combination
Do you have a vehicle and you don’t know how to drive it? It’s time to learn to drive your vehicle. Thereupon, it’s important to choose a good driving school, the one that has the best fleet of vehicles and good teachers; the most important is that the school should be accredited. Many people believe that driving a car is the easiest thing in the world, maybe it could be, but there are some things you should take into consideration, a good driver should be aware of concepts like driving safety, traffic laws, traffic signals, roadway signs and even how vehicles are equipped, all this knowledge about driving should be provided by your teachers in driving lessons.
If you are determined to enroll in some school, you can use our directory of schools to find the best option for you. You will find detailed information about every school of your interest. Thereby, you can request more information about the requirements that the school could ask in order to admit you as a student.
The next tips will help you to find the best driving school:
- Ask yourself, what type of vehicle do I have?
- Find a school near your home. Check out our post How to find a driving school
- Get information about the accreditations and certificates offered by the school.
- Ask if you can visit the location of the school, so you can see the fleet of vehicles that the school uses and meet the instructors.
Remember, learning to drive a vehicle will make your life easy and learning how to be a good driver could save your life.
GET YOUR DRIVING LICENSE
Consider these items and start learning more about driving schools, take driving classes is definitely one of the first steps to be taken in the process of getting your license. We provide sources of information that will help you to enhance your driving skills.
- How to choose a driving school. There are many factors when choosing a driving school, we have some tips may help you.
- Search a driving school. Find driving schools depending on your location and the course type you are interested in.
- Driving lessons. Learn the essential skills needed to handle a car on the road, it is important to learn from a professional driving instructor.
- Driving license. After intensive driving courses, you should be ready to apply for your driver’s license.
Information to help you to maintain your beloved ones stay secure and safe while driving your automobile.
- Driving knowledge. Knowledge means safety, learn about parking, turns, safe practices, traffic controls, signs, and more.
- Traffic signals. Traffic signals help to improve safety, drivers must know how to proceed when faces them.
- Weather conditions. Learn how to manage adverse situations on the road when the weather conditions turn unfavorable.
- Vehicles and Equipment. Make sure your vehicle is in optimal condition so minimize the probability of a car accident.
- Sharing the Road Remember, you are not the only one driving on the road, learn how to share the road.
More about Driving Knowledge
- Driver License. What is a driving license and what do you can do with this document.
- Traffic Laws: Drivers must follow some traffic laws in order to maintain order on the road
- Written driver tests; Tips and common questions to help you to obtain your driver’s license.
- Car and Motorcycle insurance. It always is a good idea to have insurance for your vehicle.