Taking a driving course means people will learn the essential skills needed to handle a car on the road and the most recent defensive and safe driving techniques, etc. Driving lessons are suitable for different needs. While starter drivers will learn how to maneuver a car on the streets, learn to deal with traffic and park their cars among others, experienced drivers will refresh and update their skills and knowledge about road rules. Introductory off-road driving lessons are usually required before taking the driving test in order to get the first permit. It is extremely important to know how to drive the right way and that is why it is better to learn from a professional and certified driving instructor instead of learning from parents or other people who maybe have picked up some bad habits along the way.
As a new driver, choosing a professional driving school is one way to help you to be ready for the road. A driver course or high-school driver education program governmental approved can teach you the skills and attitudes you need to be a safe and responsible driver.
As well as teaching the basics, professional driving schools highlight strategic driving techniques, freeway driving, night driving and driving in adverse environments. Most driving courses are designed for new drivers, but many schools also offer classes and services to upgrade the skills of experimented drivers.
Questions you should ask to find out about any prospective advanced driving school. You need to be sure you will be attending a professionally operated school and that you will learn new skills from the experience.
- Are the instructors accredited?
- Are the instructors experienced?
- Are the driver instructors actually experienced car racing drivers?
- Are the driving instructors CAMS licensed?
- Does the proprietor instruct at the school?
- Is the school insured?
- How long has the school been operating?
- Is the school recognized by insurance companies? How to choose a driving school
Enhance Your Driving Skills
- Driving guidelines. There are lots of things to consider when driving, read our tips and advice.
- Driving a stick shift car. We provide information about how to drive manual transmission cars.
- Making a three-point turn. Learn how to properly and securely execute a three-point turn.
- Bay Parking. It is one of the maneuvers that drivers have to execute on your driving test.
- Parallel Parking. This method consists of parking your car in line with other parked cars.
- Pedestrians crossing. Types of pedestrian crossing: Zebra, Pelican, Puffin, Toucan, Pegasus, School crossing.